You are not logged in.

1

Monday, September 9th 2013, 10:55pm

Motor-Speed-Boat (MSB) "Sokcho - Class" (mod. 1943)

Sokcho - Class
MSB (Motor Speed Boat)
E-Boat

Dimensions:
Length (Total): 39.2 m
Length (Waterline): 36m
Beam: 5.4 m
Draft: 1.9m


Displacement:
Size: 97 t


Machinery:
Shafts: 2
Engines: 4
Type: 18-cyl diesel engines
Total Performance: 4500 hp
Speed: 38.5 kts
Range: 680 miles at 35 kn


Crew:
32 men

Weapons:
1x 40mm AA-Gun with 180 rounds aft mount
2x 20mm MG with 10000 rounds equally spread front / aft
2x 533 mm Torpedo tubes + 2 reloads

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Nov 4th 2013, 4:09pm)


2

Monday, September 9th 2013, 11:11pm

Im curious, where did you pull these stats from?
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

3

Monday, September 9th 2013, 11:18pm

Interresting study & drawing.

General questions

Did some Guy made SS for MTB, Schnelboot or MAS?

With the characts of these boats, how made the SS?


Jef

4

Monday, September 9th 2013, 11:22pm

In the past I made a PT sim with SS, but it was not really a legal one...

5

Monday, September 9th 2013, 11:42pm

Quoted

Originally posted by snip
Im curious, where did you pull these stats from?


I don't know, I am not familiar with springsharp and my knowledge about ships is minimal. Therefore I asked parador to think of some stats. I think the parameters are reasonable...but as I said I don't know much about ships.


The general idea behind the design is to have a cheap vessel which is fast but still has enough firepower to sink far bigger ships. I would use those MTBs to harass Chinese shipping in the coastal areas of the Yellow Sea and thus relieve my submarines.

6

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 12:13am

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos
I don't know, I am not familiar with springsharp and my knowledge about ships is minimal. Therefore I asked parador to think of some stats. I think the parameters are reasonable...but as I said I don't know much about ships.

It looks like a German Schnellboot to me, just slightly lengthened. Two propellers instead of three, which may increase mechanical issues slightly, and make the boats harder to manufacture.

My suggestion is that you use about the same horsepower but with four engines instead of two. Chosen probably will place a premium on the use of high-horsepower 2,250hp engines for aviation, so using cheaper, four smaller engines may help with supply issues. Additionally, if the boat takes damage, the loss of one engine is less profound (three still work instead of just one).

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

  • Send private message

7

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 12:49am

Cookl drawing!

8

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 1:19am

Ok Brock, but is it possible to SS a schnellboot ?

9

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 1:23am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos
I don't know, I am not familiar with springsharp and my knowledge about ships is minimal. Therefore I asked parador to think of some stats. I think the parameters are reasonable...but as I said I don't know much about ships.

It looks like a German Schnellboot to me, just slightly lengthened. Two propellers instead of three, which may increase mechanical issues slightly, and make the boats harder to manufacture.

My suggestion is that you use about the same horsepower but with four engines instead of two. Chosen probably will place a premium on the use of high-horsepower 2,250hp engines for aviation, so using cheaper, four smaller engines may help with supply issues. Additionally, if the boat takes damage, the loss of one engine is less profound (three still work instead of just one).


True what you say about the engines. I will change that layout to four instead of two engines.

10

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 1:30am

Quoted

Originally posted by Jefgte
Ok Brock, but is it possible to SS a schnellboot ?

No, it's not possible to put a planing hull into Springsharp and get a reliable and accurate result.

11

Tuesday, September 10th 2013, 8:23am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

Originally posted by Jefgte
Ok Brock, but is it possible to SS a schnellboot ?

No, it's not possible to put a planing hull into Springsharp and get a reliable and accurate result.


Completely agree in this point ;) i tried it but banged my head on the desk as i see the result ;)

I looked at otl designs of the period and uses the stats there as base. In my eyes they look reasonable as first step. Brock is surely right with his tips about the engines.