You are not logged in.

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 9:46pm

A fast fighter with 4x20 guns adaptation & tandem motors could be interresting.

Hm... SAM-13

But this plane without guns, machine guns only.
I do believe that the WW Netherlands was developing such an aircraft for its service; unfortunately, published details are sparse.

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 9:59pm

I do believe that the WW Netherlands was developing such an aircraft for its service; unfortunately, published details are sparse.

Fokker D.XXIII

Built only a prototype. It weighed almost three tons, didn't have enough engine power.

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 11:01pm

Yes.

I believe Kaiser Kirk, who plays the Netherlands, had projected a more powerful version to serve as a standard fighter for the Netherlands; he has not yet posted details however.

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 12:14am

I want to ask

what advantages give having to engines in that position? wouldn't it be better twin engine (normal configuration) or single engine?

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 12:49am

Oups... I do'nt like very much this conception...

I prefer type "3" lignes.
A fighter with powerfull engines for 600km/h - 4x20mm MG.

Thanks Gromo

Jef

Thursday, February 20th 2014, 12:52am

I want to ask

what advantages give having to engines in that position? wouldn't it be better twin engine (normal configuration) or single engine?

Compared to a regular twin-engine type, it has less drag, and you get an aircraft that's somewhat more compact and thus maneuverable.

Conversely, planes with this layout tend to be a bit cramped (two engines stuffed into the same size airframe as a single-engine plane) and they become dicey prospects to bail out of in case of damage.

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 6:40pm

Centauri Space Force
Transatmospheric fighter CFA-218.

Thursday, August 21st 2014, 7:36pm

Interesting bomber looks a bit like the Do 11/23