You are not logged in.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 6:16pm

I have the RC for 4 on this computer and it works fine for Java. Never tryed the webchat with it
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 6:21pm

Quoted

[12:17] JustBob: We shall have one of the opers who can fiddle with the botscanner check into that.
[12:17] JustBob: This may take some time, as I believe most of them are out and about doing routine daily stuff today.
[12:17] JustBob: i.e. not near their computer.

Bruce - I think last time we determined that longer login names raised more red flags to the spambot. Try just using "Bruce" to log on with (and don't bother with a password).

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 6:24pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

[12:17] JustBob: We shall have one of the opers who can fiddle with the botscanner check into that.
[12:17] JustBob: This may take some time, as I believe most of them are out and about doing routine daily stuff today.

Bruce - I think last time we determined that longer login names raised more red flags to the spambot. Try just using "Bruce" to log on with (and don't bother with a password).

Okay, I will try that and We'll see what happens.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 6:26pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan

Quoted

Quoted

No Joy :(

[13:25] -Kakrafoon.CA.US.Nightstar.Net- *** You are banned. If you feel this is in error please contact us at http://www.nightstar.net
[13:25] == ERROR: Closing link: (NSwebIRC@pool-96-242-4-214.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net) [Z-Lined: You look like a bot. Change your nick/ident/gecos and try reconnecting.]
[13:25] == No such nick/channel: Bruce
[13:25] == Disconnected from server: Connection to IRC server lost.

Okay, I will try that and We'll see what happens.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 6:46pm

Another tact might be a different nick, as "bruce" is fairly common. Try something like BDunk.

Also, like I mentioned yesterday, bypassing the java and webchats by using an installed client may help.

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 7:52pm

I've e-mailed you an old mIRC client, Bruce. See if that helps any.

Monday, April 18th 2011, 8:33pm

RE: IRC Channel

Quoted

ShinRa and I just set up an IRC channel for us to conduct a live group chat in, should we wish.

For those interested, go here, leave the username and password boxes blank, and enter "Wesworld" in the Channel box.

- Javachat
- Webchat

If using the webchat, enter your desired nickname and "Wesworld" in the channel box.

Bump.

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 7:44pm

I am banned?

Monday, October 3rd 2011, 10:19pm

Not that I'm aware of.

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 9:53pm

Seems to be awefully quiet in IRC these days. Don't be shy folks!

Tuesday, February 14th 2012, 10:47pm

I'm always in there. Try pinging me to get my attention, as I'm usually multitasking.

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 12:12am

If I'm not mistaken, folks in the IRC will be gifted with a live performance of the annual Valentine's Day edition of The Agony of Walter Rooijen.

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 2:18am

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
If I'm not mistaken, folks in the IRC will be gifted with a live performance of the annual Valentine's Day edition of The Agony of Walter Rooijen.

Walter doesn't love us anymore. He stopped visiting. ):

Monday, June 1st 2015, 5:36pm

Over the last several days I have been trying to log in to Nightstar IRC without any success. I keep getting a 503 system unavailable error. Not certain why, not certain what I can do. Any suggestions?

It not that I don't like you all, but if I can't get to the forum, I can't entertain you... :D

Monday, June 1st 2015, 6:48pm

Just noticed that. Trying to go there directly I get a 503, but if I go through kiwiirc, I can just get there without any problems.

Monday, June 1st 2015, 6:53pm

You could try it with this (altered from the Navalism one I have to Wesworld)...

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.nightstar.net/#Wesworld

Monday, June 1st 2015, 6:55pm

Well, that does seem to work.

Thanks Walter.

Tuesday, June 2nd 2015, 10:00am

Thanks Walther !!! Yes it seems to work !!! :D