You are not logged in.

Saturday, February 17th 2018, 6:18pm

Talons 1948?

Is there interest in a possible revival of the Talons event?

If so, should it be much as before; e.g. national teams, mix of endurance, flying proficiency and combat activities or should it focus on certain aspects?
There would probably be piston and jet classes, also a twin-engine piston class.
Perhaps the scope for larger teams is there to make things more cost effective and allow more types to be sent.

An event, if it goes ahead, would be run in Summer 1948 (for the south!!) so November/December time. Maybe not the capital but somewhere further south to allow use of Patagonian airspace for larger areas and increased safety.

Please let me know your thoughts and interest.

Saturday, February 17th 2018, 10:53pm

The original format worked out just fine I think. Using those three classes makes sense. Maybe some mini prizes for each individual event.

I'd love to see it return to Wesworld, though it is unlikely that the Japanese will participate. The Travesty of '34 was the main reason Japan stopped going. The public wasn't really impressed by the fact that the Japanese Military decided to continue to go to the events after 1934. Numerous politicians weren't too happy either and eventually the funding for sending a team to Argentina was permanently scrapped from the 1939 budget. The Japanese might consider returning if Argentina were to correct the injustices of 1934.

Saturday, February 17th 2018, 11:31pm

I agree that the original format seems to work just fine, if it ain't broke don't fix it. That said I'm sure there is some new type of event's, awards ect. that could be added. Perhaps awards for the best looking aircraft as voted by the participants or something of that nature.

Saturday, February 17th 2018, 11:38pm

Quoted

Perhaps awards for the best looking aircraft as voted by the participants or something of that nature.

Yes. Some gold figurine for the best looking aircraft, a gold brush for the best paint job, a lead turd for the worst looking aircraft and a lead broken brush for the worst paint job. :)

Saturday, February 17th 2018, 11:45pm

.....then again, some of the Canadian aircraft would (IMO) have the monopoly on "worst looking aircraft" and as such an unfair advantage!

Sunday, February 18th 2018, 12:03am

True... I feel Hood needs to take action though as he needs to defend his title of "Ugly Aircraft, Inc". :D

Sunday, February 25th 2018, 9:54pm

meanwhile, deep within the mysterious Canadas

Monday, February 26th 2018, 8:40pm

That can't be Canadian. It's not ugly. :D

Monday, February 26th 2018, 10:34pm

They also clearly have American markings.... :P

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 12:22am

They also clearly have American markings.... :P

Obviously an attempt to obfuscate their true origins!