You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, December 14th 2009, 2:59am

It'd be at best a 1.5 factory country, and we'd have to talk such a move over before agreeing to it - even presuming that Kirk's willing to do that.

Monday, December 14th 2009, 3:05am

Ok, I'm perfectly fine with that.

Yeman+Saudi Arabia, 2 factories total. May be more depending on investment.

Monday, December 14th 2009, 3:06am

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy
Ok, I'm perfectly fine with that.

Yeman+Saudi Arabia, 2 factories total. May be more depending on investment.

No. Saudi Arabia only has a half-factory. Hedjaz got the other half factory, and that's now part of the Indian empire. Good luck re-uniting the country, India never gives up what it gets its fingers on. ;)

Monday, December 14th 2009, 3:08am

Awwww...................... :rolleyes: :D

Monday, December 14th 2009, 3:25am

As for the general concept of uniting or playing those powers, I'd wait to hear from Kirk (or even Rocky, if he's afoot somewhere), as they were the main architects of what's there now.

Monday, December 14th 2009, 3:38am

Rocky is on N-verse, fetching him.

Monday, December 14th 2009, 4:06am

Fetched. Hey y'all.

I can't be sure what exactly has transpired here since I was a player, but rump Saudi Arabia was still under Ibn Saud's grip, and Yemen was, I think, still under the control of a hardliner imam or his son. Adventuring by one against the other might be possible if the two regimes were "religiously compatible". I would not think a peaceful merger to be likely.

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 12:21am

I was talking to Admiral K, and he said that he would not have any objestions if I took over Latvia. Now I submit it to the mods and the general board. Do you approve?

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 12:28am

I have no objections; but if you take command of Latvia, I have one requirement...

Name the ships!!! :P :D

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 12:52am

Well I as a mod and an ally of Russia don't have any objection to you taking on Latvia Texan.

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 12:59am

Don't sweat it, Wes

He asked nicely first

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AdmKuznetsov" (Dec 16th 2009, 1:08am)

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 1:02am

No no, typo!! I don't have any problem!

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 5:13am

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
I can't be sure what exactly has transpired here since I was a player, but rump Saudi Arabia was still under Ibn Saud's grip, and Yemen was, I think, still under the control of a hardliner imam or his son. Adventuring by one against the other might be possible if the two regimes were "religiously compatible". I would not think a peaceful merger to be likely.

Update on Yemen/Saud :
Rocky's storyline hasn't been drastically altered, the two nations are on different courses and have little to bind them except fear of the big neighbors. I think I dropped the Imman and I've been using the Yemeni Sultan as politically dominant in that state since the 2nd Asir war, but Ibn Saud is still firmly in control of Saud.

The Dutch have been active in both, offering civil and military aid in an effort to prop them up some. Yemen because it offers a nice location at the gates of the Red Sea, and Saud so that it wouldn't be overrun. Now that oil is confirmed in Saud, they may be more interested.

A Dutch engineer battalion has been working on a road from Yemen, skirting Hedjaz-Asir and to Saud is..by 2/38 pioneered and being surfaced, which will provide a trade and commerce link, as well as a means of shipping material to Saud if Hormuz is closed.

Nudged by the Dutch, the two nations have agreed to drop their counter-claims and formalize a border in a treaty with the Brits.
With WASP, they found a good solid foundation to look forward to continuing as independent states. Yemen looking to Red Sea commerce for prosperity, but needing help against Asir-Hedjaz/Bahrat, and Saud looking at Azerbaijan, Armenia and the Turco-Bulgar bits as a hedge against Persia. MERIF will also improve all these states.

One the one hand it would be easier to deal with them if they were merged as they are poor, have awful infrastructure, and maritime assets with different missions...but there is little reason to merge. I suppose a Islamic Coup, or a dynastic marriage, a revolt or whatnot could be fashioned, but they really would make a poor player nation subject to being stomped on..oh wait India already did that...stomped on again. :)

Latvia is just fine with me :)