You are not logged in.

Friday, October 8th 2004, 7:43pm

What are the dimensions of the aircraft in the drawing? And for that matter, what type(s) of aircraft is the ship to carry?

Just curious as I'm playing with hangar arrangements for my own carrier, and am having a heck of a time getting even thirty of the expected fourty aircraft in there...

Friday, October 8th 2004, 7:59pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
What are the dimensions of the aircraft in the drawing? And for that matter, what type(s) of aircraft is the ship to carry?

The planes are wheeled versions of the W30f, and are 44' span X 30' long (at my usual 1 pixel = 1 foot scale). I was working on the principle that my naval pilots are used to the W29 and W30, and that being familiar with the aircraft when doing something new and unfamiliar would be safer. And as they have shed the weight of the floats and struts for a lighter wheeled undercarriage, they can now carry some disposable ordanance.

Friday, October 8th 2004, 8:12pm

Thanks; so they're about the size of my Dhairya scout-bombers (30 feet long, 47 foot wingspan).

Are they monoplanes? Kinda looks like it from the pics.

I've been contemplating a triplane fighter - not sure why, perhaps just to be different.

Friday, October 8th 2004, 8:35pm

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
Thanks; so they're about the size of my Dhairya scout-bombers (30 feet long, 47 foot wingspan).

Are they monoplanes? Kinda looks like it from the pics.

I've been contemplating a triplane fighter - not sure why, perhaps just to be different.

Yes, the're monoplanes, but I wouldn't bother with triplanes, they were completely out-classed by the end of WW1

Tuesday, October 12th 2004, 1:06pm

Quoted

Anyone figure out Portaerei or Cacciatorpediniere?

It's all Greek to me ; )

Tuesday, October 12th 2004, 7:20pm

The picture here shows what I'm ranting about with regards to WW carriers not having enough arrestor wires...