You are not logged in.

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 1:10pm

Remaining Yugoslavian Mystery

In all the data I found in the archives, the one piece I have yet to nail down is the tonnage of the five minecraft I inherited. They are described as being ex-German, Great War vintage. That would put them down as Minensuchboot 1916 vessels.

They will be going to the scrapyard as new construction comes forward, but I cannot document what their WW tonnage should be for scrap purposes. I would propose to base them on the German M1916 and assume a light tonnage of 500 tons - unless someone recalls otherwise.

If the latter, please advise me as soon as possible, so that I can catch up on the sim reports.

Thanks,

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 1:25pm

Historically, 4 of the M1916's were sold to Yugoslavia after the Great War, so 6 being sold in WW is not unreasonable. Based on the data here http://www.german-navy.de/hochseeflotte/…m1916/tech.html , 500 tons for a light displacement is probably OK. By the look of it, though, you might be better off just keeping them, the ships that didn't sink from hitting mines mostly survived into the 1950s.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hrolf Hakonson" (May 20th 2010, 1:25pm)

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 1:36pm

If you still don't want to keep them Turkey wouldn't mind picking them up, for higher than scrap value.

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 2:04pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
If you still don't want to keep them Turkey wouldn't mind picking them up, for higher than scrap value.

If that is the case, I guess I ought to formally list them in 'Ships for Sale'. I didn't think any other power would want them.

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 2:35pm

Mexico is always interested!

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 8:30pm

Finally found them

I finally found some of the data on these ships.

It would look as though they are based on the historical M1916, and the post in the archive gives their tonnage as 520 tons.

If folks are interested, keep an eye on ships for sale, once the DMRO decides what to do.