You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, March 22nd 2006, 10:23pm

PRJ news Q3,1930

"Nothing ever happens in Bar nothing evere did and nothing evere will"sead the old man siting in the harbour.
"What do you want to happend you old gout"replyed his friend,another old man
"Something"sead the first men
"They are bilding a new slip you know"
"Pff that as boring as your war stories, how the engine broke down and you single handany defeated that Italian battlecruiser."
"I did"
"If you want to make shit up you can make up something that is at lest realist.Not eaven you granchilder want to lisent to your babling.First of all Italinas didnt have battlecruiser second of all Italian were oure allys in that war.third you get seasick on a river"
"Im not talking to You"
"You dont have any body else to talk too"

Wednesday, March 22nd 2006, 10:53pm

Okay.....

That was unusual. Good but unusual.

Wednesday, March 22nd 2006, 11:03pm

Old gout is definitely original.

Wednesday, March 22nd 2006, 11:57pm

at Constanta shipyard
"So how are the works going?" asked the maneger
"As planed. We will get all of the work finished on time"are played the enginer.
"Good that what I wanted to hear"Sead the meneger and went to his office.
When he was out of site the enginer sead"Offcoures You did everything has to be done on time no one cares that we never bild anything this big and complex this is not a 50 ton's diesel patrol boat its destroyer biggest and most powerfull in the world and all his thinks about is the god damned delivery date"
"Lighten up we will bild it on time You batter worry about the plans of bilding a battleship"sead a other enginer
"I worry about that too.They plan to bild the biggest badest BB ever and they plan to bild it hire were we only bild coust gourd cutters and TB's."
Why are You saying that it will be the biggest?There are bigger BB in the world."
Yeah but I looked on the main calliber guns that they are developing at Weapons plant No.2"
"380mm guns. Not the biggest just the large"
"Now I was talking about 406mm guns they are planing to bild"
"What I thot that we are going with the polish plans"
"They dacided too put a 16'' on that hull they were working on just becose 16'' can fit"
"We if we are intend on bilding ships that are bigger that Cleito limits so be it are the polish going along with it"
"I dont know I will be suprised if they do.Six gun ship is not a best opotion"
"Thats politics for You"
Outside the window a high presure boiler just fell 10 meters crushing a truck under its weight.
"Crap! Dose any thing ever goes smoothly around here!"
"no"
They both went to work trying to fix the mess that was the Constantia Naval Yards.

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 12:20am

Gdansk

In the Stocznia Gdanska work slowed down no new ships were laid down but that didnt meant that there was less work fitting out ships in water was just as or eaven more time and work cosuming that welding the hulls.
In side the biggest drydock at the yard enormous hull of a Deuthland class battleship was siting in silence no work was done on its bow.The ship looked like a boxer after 15 rounds in the ring.Atleat that was the joke around the yards the Grunwald had a broken nose.

"This is no good the whole bow has to be rebild we will put a clipper bow on it."
"Can we just fix it?"
"We can but this ship is 25 years old and there are plans to keep it in service up too 1950.If we do not change the bow now we will have to do it latter on we are saving money that way"
Both men wolked out of the hole in the bow and went to there offices

I think that a short story for each country will add some character to my countries.

If You dont like it I will return to old "Press reports" type news.the point of this is that nothing is happening in Yugoslavia at this time.Romania is bilding 2 destroyers and no more new ships are laid down in poland.

Plus if anybody didnt read that Romania is planing to bild a 16'' gunned BB they do a 6 or 8 gun BB on a 35000t ship.

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 1:50pm

I quite like the little stories. 6x16" on 35.000tons is fairly easy unless you want a really really fast ship. Does Romania have the facilities to build a 35.000ton ship?

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 4:13pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
I quite like the little stories. 6x16" on 35.000tons is fairly easy unless you want a really really fast ship. Does Romania have the facilities to build a 35.000ton ship?

No.
Neither those poland or Yugoslavia.The facilities will be bild soon

Romania might go for a North Carolina styl ship or a Nelson.
The limitation is that the ship must be under 220m in lenght.
That will be a cramped ship.
The speed of 27-28kt is acceptable.

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 4:17pm

Does Romania have the facilities to build a 16" gun from scratch? Sourcing a 15" gun from an outside source would be easy, almost all of the major powers (other than the US and Germany (so far)) have them. A 16" gun, though, that would have to be home-produced (unless it was 'diverted' from coast defences, of course).

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 4:27pm

Given the historical problems the Germans (for example) had designing large caliber guns I doubt the Romanians have the facilities and know-how. But this is WesWorld after all....

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 4:31pm

Yep, it's the WW, where India builds 35cm guns in the 1920s, the Philipines builds 32cm guns in the same time period, Chile has great ambitions, South Africa builds 38cm guns, etc, etc. I suppose it's possible, as well, that the Rumanians will be employing some foreign experts on a covert project that will result in the 16" guns, then everyone will deny that it's anything other than an indigneous Romanian project (if those experts pop up after the end of the CT with plans for their country for a 16" gun, well, that's just a lucky happenstance, right?).

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 4:47pm

Poland is bilding 380mm guns that are reversed enginiered from 38 cm/45 SK L/45 of bayern class.
They (I) started development in 1929 and they will be ready by 1936 just on time too put them on planed polish BB's

Romania is also starting its own project but they are building 406mm weapons.

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 4:55pm

Quoted

We can but this ship is 25 years old and there are plans to keep it in service up too 1950

Those blasted politicians! Wasting lots of money on an ancient ship just to keep it operational for at least another 20 years! Don't they ever learn?!
:-)
For all we know, that ship might still be operational in 1990 if the politicians get their way.

Quoted

Given the historical problems the Germans (for example) had designing large caliber guns I doubt the Romanians have the facilities and know-how.

I think so, too, so I suspect that one of the big nations that have designed guns with that caliber or have designs for such guns is secretly helping them out.

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 5:10pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

Given the historical problems the Germans (for example) had designing large caliber guns I doubt the Romanians have the facilities and know-how.

I think so, too, so I suspect that one of the big nations that have designed guns with that caliber or have designs for such guns is secretly helping them out.

Or I can go Israel on someone and just steal the plans.
Off course Vickers was allways helpfull in selling what people wanted.

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 5:24pm

Quoted

Ofcorse Vickers was allways help full in seling what people wanted.

So that will be suspect number 1. :-)

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 7:39pm

What, you don't trust the British Arms Industry?

Batch up the Mongolian order; they need those SSN designs yesterday...

Thursday, March 23rd 2006, 9:10pm

The U.K., U.S. or Japan are good bets at getting experiance for treaty illegal cannons. As all three nations had larger than 15 inch guns either testing or in peoduction by the time the treaty was signed.

(US = 16 inch guns for the Colorados that were never mounted)
(Japan = 16 inch guns for Nagato that were never mounted (or were they?))
(UK = 18 inch guns mounted on Furious and Monitors)

Friday, March 24th 2006, 12:28am

Russia is also a possibility, since they have a 42cm gun being used in coastal mountings (and being sold to France).

Friday, March 24th 2006, 4:25pm

Quoted

(Japan = 16 inch guns for Nagato that were never mounted (or were they?))

A day before the keel was laid down of the first ship, it was decided to go for Design 16C with 36cm guns rather than 16B with 41cm guns. Unfortunately someone forgot to mention this to the manufacturer for the 41cm guns and because of that, there are now a bunch of 41cm guns that decorate the imperial palace, Edo castle and a number of coastal emplacements.
It should be noted that Japan's 'top secret' Warship Project Kyonamu, which started in Q2 of 1930, uses 41cm guns. The actual data for this project will be revealed in the Q1/2 news...
... which I still need to post. -_-;;

Friday, March 24th 2006, 4:58pm

But what happened to the 8"/100 cals?

Speaking of the 410mm guns....I remember a certain storyline involving a certain pirate and certain pilot, and some Filipinos and Chileans shooting at each other on a dark and stormy night.

Friday, March 24th 2006, 6:49pm

"You can be serious this ship is over 25 years old,and You want us to rebild it from keel up."
"New machinery alowing speed of 26kt,lengtening the bow and stern inreasing barrel elevation to 45 degrese.Added torpedo bulge.new secondary armament new fire controle systems. strengtening the deck armour."The director stoped reading"This will be a prototyp for new diesel engines and anti torpedo protection.This ship will be the best coust defence ship in the world."
"Hardly.This ship will be not fast enought not armoured enought and its weapons will just bouce of anything larger that a heavycruiser.Why not just take the turrent from grunwald and Kirkolm and put them on a new hull?"
"That was taken in to concideration and reqected.As one ship will not be enought."
"And how meny ships do You plan to make?"
"Non rigth now we will just rebild Kirholm.It will be oure testbed.Romanians will help in this"
I belive this is a wast of oure resorces this rebilding program will cost as much as a Conrad class cruiser"
"And wode You rather be in a tincan that is a conrad or a real live battleship."
"I rather be in real life battleship ,but this..."The engenire sead pointing out the window to the grey form of a ship with a broken bow".is not a reallife battleship it never was it was obsolete opon lounching and You want us to make a small slow heavy cruiser out of it. Americans are loughing at us for bringing this peace of crap to the fleet problem"
"No one lought at us"
"But they called it a"Battleship" "Sead the engenire with the famous gesture(" ")
"What ever You job is to find out if this reconstruction is posible"
"Yeah its posible bilding the Eifel tower up side down is posible but no one dose that king of crap"
"Im not asking ,Im telling"
"Sir Yes Sir"ansed the head ship designer standing botl straigth
"That not funny"
"No. It isnt"