You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

1

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 8:10am

A clairification

Just to be sure, if a ship suffers 10% damage and enters drydock to repair that damage AND undergo say a level 2 refit the total cost is 10% damage + 15% for level 2 refit for a total of 25%, or does the refit include repairing the damage?

2

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 12:26pm

my 2 cent.....

It would be "awfully convienent" if all the damage was restricted to the parts being refitted!!

I'd say 10% PLUS 15% normally.

3

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 1:22pm

my thoughts

It would be very unusual, if the damaged parts would be limited only on the conversions.

So i would also say: 10% PLUS 15% => total of 25%

#####################################


But i have another question:

Could a fleet be stationed in every harbour ? Even if this does not have docks or slips ? I know, that means, if a ship will be damaged it has to sail to an harbour which has this equipment.

4

Thursday, June 26th 2008, 10:10pm

I only ask because IIRC the normal wear and tear gets repaired when a ship is refited.

You can station a repair ship at a station without slips or drydocks to do repairs that don't require a drydock.

5

Friday, June 27th 2008, 5:33am

I'd say it depends on where the damage on the ship is, and if the refit/rebuild covers it.

for example, I've concluded the extensive modernizations to R&R will cover their damage repairs, as Repulse is getting belt work and bulges where she was holed, and Renown's getting bow work anyway.

Same would go with (I'm assuming) Emathion and Dent; If Emathion's refit doesn't include a new bow, repairing it would be an extra expense. Same with Dent, but she didn't just get bow damage...she lost the whole thing, so I'm not sure there's much there to 'refit'.

6

Friday, June 27th 2008, 6:00am

Memnon's refit is level 3, which doesn't include bow alterations so its 25% not including the additional 8% damage recieved to her bow.

Dent on the other hand does infact need a replacement bow but destroyer sized vessels undergoing a level 4 refit use the resources equivilent to a level 3 refit, so shes also at 25%.