You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

17inc

Unregistered

Tuesday, January 13th 2004, 6:51am

Australian Times cost 1 D 31/12/21

In a daring move, Australian armed forces where sent to the Philippines while several surrounding Pacific Islands where simultaneously invaded by Australia troops. The Australian Army committed ten Divisions for the landings but no resistants was met, In the Philippines, the army had moved fast to take all the slips and dry docks intact with out lose. Quick victories like these were repeated all over the Pacific Islands.

The landing parties from the RAN ships put up the Australian flag and mockingly proclaimed in the Name of KING George that they are now part of Australian Territory and United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland .

No readers this was not the real McCoy. The invasion of the Philippines was a friendly exercise that was to help the American army evaluate their defences. The ten invading divisions for the purpose of the exercise. were represented by 10 infantry battalions. British navy units also took part in the support role.

The Yanks where extremely impressed and also embarrassed at the same time when they realised that Australian troops sneaked past their defences unopposed by using jungle trails that are considered unpassable allowing them to capture the dry dock facilities without having to fight. This revealed how poor the Philippines defences had become. The Australian commanding officer has said that the exercise is expected to continue for one more week.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, January 13th 2004, 10:21am

Have I missed something?

Eh...

Can somebody explain this to me please? Have I missed something?

Tuesday, January 13th 2004, 2:59pm

Oh goody a war between the US and Australia!

Tuesday, January 13th 2004, 3:41pm

I trust this was an exercise?

Tuesday, January 13th 2004, 3:53pm

Go ahead, make my day.

Quoted

Oh goody a war between the US and Australia!

HAH!!!!
If, with those other Pacific Islands, he also refers to the Marianne, the Marshall, the Caroline and the Pelew Islands (the whole bunch to the east of the Philipines which are Japanese Mandate, as it was historically), he will find out very soon why the Ninja are such feared warriors !!
Not to mention the Imperial Japanese Navy...
So if he tries such a stunt, he will have the US against him and Japan.

If you dare lay a finger on those mandates, there will be a big chance that the next 'AWNR: Japan' issue might read:

[SIZE=4]JAPAN DECLARES WAR ON AUSTRALIA[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]JAPAN AND UNITED STATES FORM UNITED FRONT
AGAINST FOOLISH LAND-GRABBING NATION[/SIZE]

... on the front.

Go ahead, try and take those territories from me.
:-)

But even if you were to go for neutal Islands, I doubt the US would appreaciate it and I can guarrantee you that Japan will not accept such aggressive land-grabbing actions.

Walter

Tuesday, January 13th 2004, 11:59pm

He says its an exercise.

Quoted

No readers this was not the real McCoy. The invasion of the Philippines was a friendly exercise that was to help the American army evaluate their defences.

It's pretty clear that war is not imminent.

Wednesday, January 14th 2004, 12:31am

Yes, now it says it's an exercise...

Well, that's too bad. That means that I'll just have to keep the ships in my territory for a while longer.

Walter

Wednesday, January 14th 2004, 4:57am

Aww....

...I had spent some time during the day deciding how best to have a tantrum, and then logged in tonight to find I had no reason for one.

But, the world of 1921 is a better place for it. It was either a clever storyline or a wise change of plan on Australia's part.

As a precautionary note, there's a reason that sensible nations inform each other of pending military exercises. It prevents accidents from happening.

Wednesday, January 14th 2004, 5:36am

Quite true. Atlantis was about to condemn the whole thing. Somehow I doubt that the Austrailians could quickly gobble up that many territory's.

"The landing parties from the RAN ships put up the Australian flag and mockingly proclaimed in the Name of KING George that they are now part of Australian Territory and United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland ."

I thought we had disscussed the whole Britain is neutral thing. Austrailia is Independant of britain and at most should only have good relations with the UK. proclaiming that they are one Faction is not in the rules. The UK is a non-player nation period. I understand your desire to form alliances 17inc but you should try to get these from other players and not the off limits neutral country's of Britain and the U.S.

HoOmAn

Wednesday, January 14th 2004, 8:57am

Eh....

Gentlemen,

do you really take that "news item" for real?

Personally I will not accept that land-grap as a player. To raise the question on the main board about which territory belongs to whom because of creating a final map is one thing, hasten to imediately post a "news flash" about a land-grab is something completely different. The thread on the main board was not even read by all players nor was it discussed. To me it is not acceptable that a player uses this situation to claim several new territories. In this case that player not even took care to make it realistic - or was there any report about diplomatic contacts between the USA and Australia in the news before? About gethering ships and troops? Fleet movements? Anything else? To me it seems as if a player just tried to be smart and to take advantage of a question not yet answered. Please be careful if you take this for real in the WesWorld. Is this the way you want to "play"? It might be just the first such incident in a long row... It has nothing to do with fair play among players.

Further more it is not acceptable that a player uses a neutral ally, especially the USA or UK, to achieve his political and military goals. This simply is against our agreed rules. From this point alone 17inc can´t do what he did. It is not acceptable.

To sum it up: 17incs idea might to get additional land have been smart but his actions were against our rules and had nothing to do with fair play. For my part I can´t accept his news flash to have any impact on the WesWorld and thus the WesWorld map. To me the territories claimed are still neutral.

I ask our moderator to decide if 17incs way is the way we go. Personally I don´t think this is an option because it would mean all other players also have the right to claim lands they haven´t claimed yet and that will have much impact on the sim, on ressources etc. With other words: The SIM as it is right now has to be cancelled and a new one started which takes care of the new territorial situation.

Just my opinion of course...

HoOmAn

Thursday, January 15th 2004, 7:02am

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
With other words: The SIM as it is right now has to be cancelled and a new one started which takes care of the new territorial situation.

Hey!!!!! if there's a new game, count me IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

er...oups...urm... I guess it won't be cancelled,after all....

but,hey,I had to say it :D :D :D

Thursday, January 15th 2004, 11:03pm

Well there are three of us moderating these forums but we all should have a say in what happens. I for one am not inclinded to starting a new sim, which means if others cannot follow the rules then they have (to put it bluntly) quit the Sim if they can't follow the rules.

Friday, January 16th 2004, 4:58am

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
which means if others cannot follow the rules then they have (to put it bluntly) quit the Sim if they can't follow the rules.

Hey!!!!! if there's someone leaving, count me IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

er...oups...urm... I guess noone will leave,after all....

but,hey,I ALSO had to say it :D

;)

17inc

Unregistered

Friday, January 16th 2004, 7:26am

Its not mine

I didnot post this strory my Bors kid posted it when i was i outside doing something at the time you see i give him free run on line by the time you Blokes have seen it comented on it i whis he not done it where taking of some whos 8 years of age i sorry if this story and thanks to HarryRed for help come up with away out and he sent me emaile and that frist i new about it . as i had not gone on line for 24 Hrs.

HoOmAn

Saturday, January 17th 2004, 11:48am

Not yours...

Well, okay, that´s not a problem. Just let us do as if it never happened. :o)

I´ll lock this thread to avoid further irritations.

HoOmAn