You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

61

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 2:20am

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
“In conclusion, Gentlemen, the British have proved the concept we were looking at an valid one, even when utilized in a different way. As such I recommend we find ways to increase number of ships of the class required. Thank you.” Admiral Gupta sat down.


I'm not aware of any British hybrid cruiser-carriers, or converted cruiser-carriers. There are a few examples of each floating around the world, but none are British.


Technically, Hermes was intended to operate as a Light Cruiser (hence the heavy 5.5" battery), as was Vindictive before her. But I'm unaware of any serious consideration of that role once the ship was in service (either OTL or WW)

As others have said, the only examples of a real CF in WW are the one from Oz, and the Indian/Filipino one (which are the same design, iirc)

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
RA's right. The Australians apparently like their CF, but they're the only Commonwealth power to have one.

Oz didn't like it that much; they built one, then reverted to more conventional CVLs

62

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 10:44pm

LOL. The concept is not the CF. India will be forced to built a CF because the British will not allow to built an extra carrier counting against the capital ship quota of the Treaty but will allow to built a CF instead.

63

Monday, January 31st 2011, 2:28pm

Port of Karachi, 14:18hrs, July 30th 1940

The port of Karachi has being a hub of activity for the last week. First to arrive were the Irish flagged cargo ships carrying crates from Czechoslovaquia; those crates were unloaded and shipped by train to the Afghani border, where they were turned in to Afghani government representatives. The second wave of ships was flagged British. On those ships a large quantity of trucks were received. But most interesting were the two groups of men departing the ships that were rushed away from prying eyes; one of them was a week later inside Afghanistan, the other inside a Bharati facility in Karachi waiting to direct the conversion of their product when it arrives.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jan 31st 2011, 4:22pm)


64

Monday, January 31st 2011, 2:46pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
Port of Karachi, 14:18hrs, July 30th 1940

The port of Karachi has being a hub of activity for the last week. First to arrive were the Greek (1) flagged cargo ships carrying crates from Czechoslovaquia; those crates were unloaded and shipped by train to the Afghani border, where they were turned in to Afghani government representatives. The second wave of ships was flagged British. On those ships a large quantity of trucks were received. But most interesting were the two small groups of men departing the ships that were rushed away from prying eyes; one of them was a week later inside Afghanistan, the other inside a Bharati facility in Karachi waiting to direct the conversion of their product when it arrives.

(1) Greece has one of the largest merchant fleets in the world so it makes sense for them to handle shipping for Czechs. let me know if ok. If not I will change to other nation I guess.


Of greater interest would be at which ports the Greek vessels loaded their cargo. Customs officials in the relevant countries (both the countries in which the cargo was loaded, and the countries through which the cargo would have to transit) have inquiring minds.

:rolleyes:

65

Monday, January 31st 2011, 2:55pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan
Customs officials in the relevant countries (both the countries in which the cargo was loaded, and the countries through which the cargo would have to transit) have inquiring minds.


Nothing a wad of notes can't solve!

66

Monday, January 31st 2011, 2:55pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
Port of Karachi, 14:18hrs, July 30th 1940

The port of Karachi has being a hub of activity for the last week. First to arrive were the Greek (1) flagged cargo ships carrying crates from Czechoslovaquia; those crates were unloaded and shipped by train to the Afghani border, where they were turned in to Afghani government representatives. The second wave of ships was flagged British. On those ships a large quantity of trucks were received. But most interesting were the two small groups of men departing the ships that were rushed away from prying eyes; one of them was a week later inside Afghanistan, the other inside a Bharati facility in Karachi waiting to direct the conversion of their product when it arrives.

(1) Greece has one of the largest merchant fleets in the world so it makes sense for them to handle shipping for Czechs. let me know if ok. If not I will change to other nation I guess.


Of greater interest would be at which ports the Greek vessels loaded their cargo. Customs officials in the relevant countries (both the countries in which the cargo was loaded, and the countries through which the cargo would have to transit) have inquiring minds.

:rolleyes:


I picked Greece for two reasons. make sense to transit cargo south to Greek ports by rail and then distance from Greece to Karachi by Suez is shorter than from the North Sea. Plus they are one of the largest in the world so I guess they will take the business. So by rail that leaves three routes; Austria-Yugoslavia-Greece, Hungary-Yugoslavia-Greece, Czech-Romania-Bulgaria-Greece.

67

Monday, January 31st 2011, 2:56pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan
Customs officials in the relevant countries (both the countries in which the cargo was loaded, and the countries through which the cargo would have to transit) have inquiring minds.


Nothing a wad of notes can't solve!


Alas, too true. But the size of the wad will vary depending on the country! The greater the risk, the greater the prize.

68

Monday, January 31st 2011, 3:13pm

The Greek merchant fleet didn't become "one of the largest in the world" until the 1950s, as a result of a few entrepreneurs snapping up as many Liberty ships as they could. The Greeks had a sizeable merchant fleet before then, but I don't believe it was "one of the largest in the world". Just FYI.

69

Monday, January 31st 2011, 3:49pm

Is this scripted with the Greek player?

70

Monday, January 31st 2011, 3:56pm

No. So I guess will change to neutral flagged shipping so not to start another 'crisis".

71

Monday, January 31st 2011, 3:58pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
No. So I guess will change to neutral flagged shipping so not to start another 'crisis".

Just use Irish ships.

72

Monday, January 31st 2011, 4:50pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
No. So I guess will change to neutral flagged shipping so not to start another 'crisis".

Just asking, not looking for another "crisis"....

73

Monday, January 31st 2011, 4:53pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
No. So I guess will change to neutral flagged shipping so not to start another 'crisis".

Just asking, not looking for another "crisis"....


Same here. :D

74

Monday, January 31st 2011, 7:39pm

As I jump on board a little late, I would have no issue w/ the use of Greek flagged merchants. I would, of course, prefer some pre-info prior, but IF Perdy really wants to use the rail route and Greek ships, just send me a PM filling me in as much as needed and I'd be fine with it most likely.

75

Monday, January 31st 2011, 8:07pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Sachmle
As I jump on board a little late, I would have no issue w/ the use of Greek flagged merchants. I would, of course, prefer some pre-info prior, but IF Perdy really wants to use the rail route and Greek ships, just send me a PM filling me in as much as needed and I'd be fine with it most likely.


I pick Greek shipping due to their location and their size. I was wrong in regard to the overall size but further research determined that Greek shipping companies owned the 11th largest merchant fleet in the world prior after the Great War.

I already changed the mention to Irish shipping but would like to mention Greek shipping later on. Nothing sinister about it. Just a very large shipping fleet close to the region would go for the business IMO of shipping supplies. Their part to cooperate in a League operation.

76

Monday, January 31st 2011, 11:35pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99

Quoted

Originally posted by Sachmle
As I jump on board a little late, I would have no issue w/ the use of Greek flagged merchants. I would, of course, prefer some pre-info prior, but IF Perdy really wants to use the rail route and Greek ships, just send me a PM filling me in as much as needed and I'd be fine with it most likely.


I pick Greek shipping due to their location and their size. I was wrong in regard to the overall size but further research determined that Greek shipping companies owned the 11th largest merchant fleet in the world prior after the Great War.

I already changed the mention to Irish shipping but would like to mention Greek shipping later on. Nothing sinister about it. Just a very large shipping fleet close to the region would go for the business IMO of shipping supplies. Their part to cooperate in a League operation.


Sounds find to me

77

Tuesday, February 1st 2011, 1:22am

In the future, PM a player as a courtesy if you'd like to use their assets in a storyline. It helps avoid complications like this.

78

Sunday, February 13th 2011, 8:17pm

Short Communique by the Bharati Foreign Office, August 29th 1940

Contrary to the belief of many we consider the United Kingdom and Germany as our friends. As any friends we have once in a while our disagreaments but at the end we have always found a way to resolve those problems in a peaceful manner and in certain instances to cooperate with each other. Case and point for example the liberation of Baluchistan or the material support to the legit government of Persia during their time of need, both of them by the British Government.

In the case of Germany without their support for over 50 years we will not be at the position we are today. For that we give our thanks to that nation. That they have decided to change their policy in regard to us in recent years is their prerogative but rest assure that Bharat will side with the German Government and the German people if the need for our help ever arises. That is how much we appreciate the help they gave our nation.

We trust both those nations and as such sometimes we don't applaud their responses but we understand their actions are guided by what they consider "to keep a balance of forces." Their intent is peace, as is ours. As such we reiterate our thanks to both those nations today.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Feb 13th 2011, 8:18pm)


79

Sunday, February 13th 2011, 8:41pm

The German Foreign Ministry acknowledges the Bharati communique, and appreciates the sentiments expressed therein.

80

Tuesday, February 15th 2011, 10:01pm

The British Foreign Office acknowledges the Bharati Foreign Office communique and welcomes the warm and frank views expressed within. The Foreign Office again expresses a reciprocal view of friendship towards India.